Sunday, October 6, 2013

If you care to find me, look to the (mid)western sky



Um, I’m moving in 5 days. That is happening. I’m moving to the Midwest. That is happening.

Who would have ever thought?

How many times have you uttered that in your lifetime?

Because I feel like I am in a constant state of when-did-that-happen-ness. Constant.

Unpredictable, that is probably the most certain thing that there is. And here’s the thing, I am a planner - like a make-a-to-do-list-every-day and had-a-life-list-at-22 kind of planner. The unpredictability of life, thus, was once a small (or, er, terrifying, huge, earthshattering) tragedy. My 20s, with all its turbulence and change and damn uncertainty, have been tough.

But time and circumstances, and the fact that I believe that God and/or the universe likes to give you every opportunity to overcome your struggles by making you face.them.incessantly, have sensitized me to (at the least) and made me eagerly welcome (at the most) the things that I never could have imagined. This is the kind of progress that makes us better people – better to be around, better to cope with things, better inside of our own minds. 

Staying open – mind, heart, etc. – that is what helps me to avoid the panic. That, plus the chocolate, of course.

www.postsecret.com


It should probably be noted that I don’t plan to wear any real pants until I start my new job next Monday – because of all the packing and thinking and chocolate. So if you happen to see me around in leggings or lounge pants, don’t judge. This is what progress looks like, sometimes.

Also, I will probably most definitely be listening to this song a lot. (When will this hit Broadway show become a major motion picture, already? I’m looking at you, Chenoweth.)

PS - something to look forward to - I am moving my cat this weekend too. I bought a leash for her for the 11-hour car ride. She hates it. (And I thought change was hard on me!) Updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment