Thursday, October 3, 2013

Remodel in progress



(A summer’s break and some changes later)

“This is the story of how a (fair-skinned) chocoholic introvert who likes her personal space moves to the hot cold climate of the second third most populous country city in the world US. Please send chocolate.  Chocolate will be required.”

Moving day is in approximately one week... more on that later. For now, the task at hand is updating this space. I can handle this. 

Breathe.


As I was revamping the blog to make it re-relevant to my experience, I looked up the word “adventure” on thesaurus.com.  A few synonyms of adventure: experience, exploit, jeopardy, scene, trip, endangerment, enterprise, peril, occurrence, speculation.

I never really thought of adventure as any of those things. Have you?

To me adventure connotes excitement, unknown possibilities, challenge, being prepared, and action.
 
Why you gotta be so negative, thesaurus.com?

But, to its credit, it defines adventure as, “n risky or unexpected undertaking. I can get behind that. There are risks and unexpectations; but if things were always “safe” and known, what would we do? Occurrence, scene, experience seem so passive; but Adventure is not passive. 

Occurrences happen and then we act, react, do, choose. That’s what makes it Adventure. That’s what gives us ownership. That’s what gives life its worth.

But because of the endangerments (read: vulnerabilities, costs, frustrations, loss, pain, loneliness), that is why chocolate (and wine and loved ones) are necessary. For sure.

I hope you will enjoy reading about the risky and unexpected undertakings that end up in this space.

- Love.

(PS, it feels good to blog again... my goodness, I'm a dweeb.)

No comments:

Post a Comment