Thursday, October 24, 2013

Texts from the El

This is a series of real-life texts that I sent in succession. 

Isn't this terrifying?*
Me: OMG, I almost actually got impaled by one of those revolving metal spike-doors leaving the El today.
Me: My worst fear!
Me: But on Thursdays the band plays at my Red line stop.
Me: So I guess that's even.

Response: Oh god. Haha, your texts sound like the bloggess..

Me: You don't have to try to flatter me.
Me: But really, it was scary...
Me: Happy Halloween Week!

Maybe I do love me some theblogess.com though. But Jenny Lawson has a literary voice like no other: like really. If you haven't read her book, do it... if you can handle humor and her actual-to-life-crazy stories.

Alternate title to this post: Jenny Lawson, I wish I were funny like you. But I can't be. No one can. You are one unique lady.


PS - Yes, I retyped these texts here because I don't yet have a snazzy smart phone that will let me just post the image of those cute little bubble texts. And yes, I used the word snazzy.. because I am a 70 year old blogger, obviously.

*Not my picture, from the internets: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcontreras/5252162313/

No comments:

Post a Comment