Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pants and monkeys



I’ve seriously considered re-naming my blog: Pants and Monkeys (..and perhaps some other things).

Because let’s.be.honest, that is all I ever.write.about.

But alas, it is probably too late in the game for that.






In today’s news…

I wore a ‘Western-style’ shirt with my gold ‘Aladdin’ pants to work today.

When I did this several weeks ago, a teenage girl who goes to school across the street from my office said, “You are looking sweet today, madam.”

Today, as I was leaving the office, a woman who was probably in her late 30s (but who seemed middle aged) looked me up and down as if to say, “Girl, you are dressed like a crazy person….., madam.”

Which is probably about the same sentiment I would get if I wore this outfit in the States.. which I absolutely intend to do come May.  I doubt I’ll be getting the fashion props from teenagers in America, though.

Side note: I’d call the pants ‘Jasmine’ pants, but that is completely absurd.  There are no pants for ladies in India that tie below the bellybutton. (Which, among other things, is how you know Aladdin doesn’t take place in India...)



Also, this morning the monkeys wanted very badly to join in on the office work.  They climbed in through the windows once. They were reluctant to leave despite the noises and hand gestures, but alas they did. The windows were closed after they were chased out.

Then, much to my delight, they broke in again – and by broke in, I mean quietly opened the window that had not been properly closed.  Again they were loudly shooed away.  And the window was properly closed – sigh.

Later we heard the monkeys screeching at each other outside and loud bangs of people scaring them away.  Silly humans. It’s not like they are pigeons or something.  They are monkeys.  You should welcome them.

But I guess not everyone feels the same as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment