Saturday, January 4, 2014

We get it, 2014

Well 2014, you know, you didn't have to make such a big, flashy entrance. We get it, you're here. We threw you a party and everything.



















Fine, we'll acknowledge you still, 2014... It seems the big news is that it's cold... everywhere.

On Thursday, my co-workers gave me props for being a Georgia girl who could handle the snow. I took those props - well deserved, I think.

They also told me that this snow isn't necessarily normal... I don't know if I believe that. People seemed pretty normal about things - buses and trains ran, businesses were open, people drove places in the snow. Chicago was it's normal, crazy self.

But Chicago, I think you could take a lesson from this Southern girl about what you should do when it snows like this:





Chicago, when the weather is like this, you should:
  • Not leave your house except to throw a snowball or two
  • Not put on real clothes
  • Have a healthy supply of your favorite adult/hot/hot-adult beverage
  • Eat all the comfort foods
  • Play board games/cards/craft with your living companions
  • Nap
  • Watch an ungodly amount of your favorite TV show
  • NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE (this is important)
If you follow all of these rules, you will have the most fantastic of snow days. And listen, even the big, bad Northeast seems to be slowing down due to this storm. Don't you think we could, too??

This guy knows I speak crazy talk. Shut it down? Pssh.


PS - It is somewhat comforting to know that the frantic grocery-store-raid-before-a-winter-storm is not confined to the South. Geesh, it was c-razy when I went today. Here's to a real snow day on Monday... not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment