Sunday, January 26, 2014

One week in Uptown

It's been really cold out. Unpacking and organizing is a lot more exhausting that one remembers. And work be cray.

That being said, I haven't had a lot of a chance to explore outside of the new apartment. But one week in, here the things I do know about the new neighborhood:
  1. Lawrence & Broadway is the windiest intersection in the Windy City. That is most likely a proven fact.
  2. Uptown is by far the best smelling neighborhood in Chicago. (Holla Vietnamese and Thai establishments.)
  3. All the Art Deco lives here. 
  4. Sheridan Road gets confusing... I am having ATL non-grid road plan flashbacks.
  5. Bogey is better at making new friends than I am. There are sooo many dogs.
I think Uptown suits me well. Let's face it - I am not hip enough for Wicker park; not yuppy enough for Lincoln Park; and not ballin' enough for the Gold Coast. No, give me some Pho, a few good bars, and access to the lake and the Red Line and I am a happy lady. 

Also, poor Bogey has been blown away on more than one occasion. His little ears look like bat wings and once the wind made him slide a few feet on the fresh ice. He's a trooper.

If it were summer and Bogey were a beagle, this is what his life would be like:

http://pinkbluelovescute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment