Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The way of the rickshaw


Google maps, I really don't appreciate your sarcasm
I tried walking to work this morning, following the Google maps directions…

Lost and without road names, I relented and got an autorickshaw to take me from the very residential (quite quaint, actually) alleyways where I ended up over to my office, which was 7 minutes away by auto.  It was a semi-fail.

I still got to work early (of course) and I now know the way home.

India life lesson: The way the crow flies (or the Google maps way) may be the most direct path, but the way the auto drives is the best route.


Also, I saw monkeys for the first time in the city this morning.  They were just walking around on shop stall roofs.  The shop owners looked at me kind of funny for stopping and staring, but at this point I’m accustomed to being looked at funny.

Also also, I spoke with Mom and Dad on Sunday via Skype.  Do you remember this loveable, kooky couple trying to work a webcam?  There were flashes of similar moments during that call. (♥ ♥ Love you Mom and Dad!)

2 comments: