Saturday, May 3, 2014

Losing my way with words.

It has been a while since I posted here. There are quite a few reasons for that.. life was over-busy for a minute there, I was tired of talking about the winter, I was just tired....

Mostly, it was because I had a "so what" feeling towards blogging. It was starting to feel a lot like a John Mayer song. (Sings to herself, "No more 3x5s.....")

And yes, my hipstery young friends, I know that John Mayer is such a jerk and totally too pop-y. I know, right.

But, the thing is, I was in the height of teenage-ness when he sang about breaking down the doors of high schools. And then he wrote a song about Georgia and put a name to the feeling of a quarter life crisis, resonating with me as I was hitting mine. So yes, sometimes my feelings remind me of John Mayer songs. I'm not sorry.

[End rant]

Anyway, the point is, I wasn't sure what I was getting out of sharing my words (and photos) with you.

But then.. Wednesday, I tweeted at - is that how you make Twitter into a verb - I tweeted at The Blogess. And now Jennie Lawson, The Blogess, is following me on Twitter.

This fact compels me to feel that I should start using the Twitter again. And inspires me to blog again. Because, I remember that I do get pleasure from writing. I do, I do!

And so, I'm writing you to catch you up on places I've been. I'm finally in the mood to lose my way with words. (Yes, I just paraphrased John Mayer lyrics. Still not sorry.)

Luckily, not too much has happened since the last time I wrote.. sort of. Well, here are the highlights:

Winter continued..



So I popped out for a second..












It's warmer now, but I still get excited when the temps break 50 degrees and spend every second outdoors that I can when it is non-rainy and non-chilled.



I went to a couple of fancy parties re:work.


And Chicago continues to woo me.





And my sis and niece dropped by for a sec. (PS, KB's team rocked in the Windy City Classic. Wish I had been able to catch a game!)


And that's about it. Oh, I also started a kick boxing class... more on that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment