Friday, May 16, 2014

A Very Merry Unbirthday to You!

Today is technically my 29 1/2 birthday. In six months, I will be 30. Do you remember when half birthdays were so important? I was totally that 4 1/2 year old who clarified with a loud "and a half!" to the adults who thought she was just 4. (And if a friend was 4 1/2, I was absolutely 4 3/4!)

I'm the sassy 4 1/2 ish one with the white gloves. Big sis Rae is not impressed.

Those were the days, huh? The days when being six months older (or three months, or just saying that you were even when you weren't) was meaningful and boast-worthy.

In truth, I am very much looking forward to being 30 and putting these pesky 20s in the past. I like that I am more confident and have a path (for now) and feel steady (but still adventurous). I'm ready for 30.

But, as I type, I have a heating pad on my knee because it has been aching all week for no particular reason whatsoever. On my other knee, a sizable bruise is developing from ramming it into the coffee table last night.

We ordered dinner in tonight. And there are beer and wine options. What a fitting way to spend a Friday night that happens to be one's 29 1/2 birthday.

But, you know, it's lovely.

I hope you, too, are having a very merry unbirthday. (Unless of course it is your birthday, in which, happy birthday!)

Also, how trippy is Alice in Wonderland??




The true brilliance of being an adult is realizing all the things you missed when you were a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment