Sunday, December 1, 2013

Holiday travel and a black squirrel

Happy Holidays!

Stuffed and sleepy, Hannah and I managed to get our (pint-sized pre-lit) Christmas tree up when we both returned to Chicago yesterday. It's cute, and I will try to get a nice pic of Zoe being tempted to knock it over at some point. But she avoids the petparazzi, so I haven't been able to catch her yet.

Thanksgiving at my sister's was great: food, family, and the niece and nephews' shenanigans.






But the best part of this weekend? (Sorry kiddos, Aunt Amber is an urban-nature-geek)...

The best part of this weekend is that I saw a black squirrel today.

Yes, a black squirrel. And if you are thinking, that's not really real.. well, you are not alone. Magical, eh?

I, the person who is probably most easily excited by any wildlife anywhere, may have squealed a little as if it were a monkey. But, I am not alone in my excitement over these creatures either. Below is a sample of the (at least) seven Youtube videos I found by looking up "black squirrels Chicago."



It is kind of comforting to know that I am not the only person who talks to squirrels. I agree, video man, it is the coolest squirrel ever.

I will be keeping my eyes peeled for these sleek squirrels. It totally made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment