Monday, February 18, 2013

Some things I haven't yet told you



There was that one time...

  • That one time my roommates and I obtained a (possibly illegal) gas canister late at night in a dark alley.
  • That one time I fell out of a bus. The bad news is that the hand injury I received is not even going to scar.
  • That one time I shared a berth with Ritika on an overnight train ride with no A/C but open windows that I swear created a wind chill of 20 degrees.
  • That one time I yelled at a man who followed me to work two days in a row.
  • That one time (or 5 or 6 times, actually) I witnessed a minor car accident turn into a fist fight.
  • That one time (or weekly, really) I woke up trying to assess whether I had a stomach bug.
  • That one time I had a fever and swollen throat for 3 days while on a work trip to Bangalore.. that turned into a terrible cold that lasted at least 3 weeks.
  • That one time Hannah and I got a sleeper bus from Aurangabad that sent us airborne half the night and arrived four hours late because the bus had mechanical problems.
  • That one time (two times) there was a small, surprising fire – once in a restaurant, once in our kitchen.
  • That one time (everyday) I walked into oncoming traffic and stood in the middle of the road while cars swerved around me, just to get to the other side.

Some things are just better known much after the fact.  (Mom, I promise all is well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment