Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Seriously.



Have I mentioned that, generally, Indians don’t understand sarcasm……..

If you know me at all, you know this has been the.biggest.challenge.of.my.life.here. Period.

I am so often misunderstood.

It is so awkward.

This one time, I said thank you when someone told me that I looked tired.  He was so confused.  I was apologetic.

It was awkward.

It often is.

What is meant to be funny is taken so very seriously.

Mom always tried to break me of my sarcastic ways.  It didn't take.

Tone just doesn't translate well.

I need an interpreter. 
 
Seriously.














(Special photo-session thanks to Ron who usually does get my sarcasm, but who makes the best "what are you talking about" face of anyone else I know in the world.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment