Sunday, March 31, 2013

Oh, India

Tonight on the bus back from celebrating Easter with friends an old auntie started yelling at me as I was getting pushed into her while people were getting off the bus.  Baffled by this absurdity, I responded in my sweetest Southern twang, "Well, I'm tryin' honey." -- not all composure has left me yet.

Also, this conversation from last Thursday basically walks you through "a day in the life":   me: yeah, so when i was walking to the my choices office, the project manager stopped to ask me if i needed a lift on his scooter.  barely looking at him, i said no and did the hand-headbobble motion at himthen i realized as he drove off who it was.
  i feel awful
Yasmin: lolz
  did you see him at the office?
 me: yes, and i tried to explain and i apologized a lot.
  i don't think he quite understood..
i know he def didn't understand why i would be walking the 30 minutes from charminar to falaknuma anyway
Yasmin: oh man
  whatever
  what are you going to dojess did that to someone last year
  I remember her telling me
  / I would have done that too
 me: nothing, it's done.
  i just have the terrible habit of ignoring everyone when i walk down the street.
Yasmin: as you probably should
 ---several hours later---  me: oh man, this guy was just sitting in the ccd near charminar on his cell yelling out the window at his friends on charminar Yasmin: haha that was like that one time we were up at the top waving down to you and hannah
 me: only, there is no way his friends could hear him
  and. he was on the phone with them. why the yelling?
 Yasmin: it's like the man who ran after the bus at the airport
  nothing makes sense
 me: this is india.
 Yasmin: how would you describe milaap - right now i'm at 'a crowdfunding microlending organization'
 me: yes. like that
 Yasmin: also i think it's hilarious you blew someone off like that today
  almost as hilarious as hannah making a three year old cry
 me: you are so supportive as a friend
 Yasmin: it's funny
 me: fine. ok
  :)

5 minutes
 me: also. this child just looked at me and opened his mouth to show me his gum and then went back to what he was doing.. geesh. what a day.
 Yasmin: It's not funneeeeeeeeeeeee
 me: haha.
Yasmin: we'll miss this
 me: truths
Yasmin: also i'm trying to teach this three year old how to high five while i'm sitting here
 Yasmin: she's doesn't get it
 me: lol
Oh, India.

Happy Easter! And in case you missed the Facebook picture extravaganza, here are a few pics from Holi, which is a festival that (from what I can tell) is about celebrating spring and maybe just life generally.  Anyway, it's the most colorful, messy, fun, photo-worthy festival of all. And it makes 50 year old men act like children again.





No comments:

Post a Comment